HONEY AND CINNAMON ~POWERFUL DUO KNOCKS COLDS AND MORE
For many centuries, people from different countries have been using cinnamon and honey for the treatment of various diseases. Folk wisdom still possesses the valuable knowledge of the healing properties of raw cinnamon and honey. They are great to use solo; however, if you blend them you can increase their power exponentially.
This No Side-Effect Cough Remedy works very well for us if we have a cough. It is a real time saver if you keep these two valuable remedies close by in your home remedy chest.
Since I am trying to be as prepared as possible, I am seriously considering putting raw cinnamon and honey on my top 10 list of useful remedies. It is very easy to mix them, obviously. Kids can do it in no time.
Usage and ingredients:
One teaspoon, preferably, of local raw honey and ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon will usually stop a cold within a couple of days. Add a nip of pink or gray sea salt (for example Celtic, Himalayan or Redmond’s Real) for the minerals, also. For the best results, mix them together and take two times a day for a three day period. Cinnamon and honey have anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral effect.
Do some research, if you are worried about substances with high percentage of sugar. According to the studies cited on LiveStrong.com cinnamon and honey can reduce blood sugar, blood pressure and have several positive effects in Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. If you do not believe me, please, search for yourself the information you need. We only use local and raw honey.
According to NaturalNews.com there are other benefits of cinnamon and honey:
- They provide energy which can make us more alert and ready for physical activity which increases our metabolism
- If we consume cinnamon and honey regularly, and have an overall healthy diet and moderate levels of physical activities, we can clear our clogged arteries and prevent heart disease.
- If we use cinnamon and honey as a paste we can treat infected gums and alleviate bleeding and pain as well as slowing down the infection.
- Drinking cinnamon and honey in tepid water can help clean your bladder from infections.
- If you take this drink regularly, it can help with alleviating arthritis pain and even cure it, in some cases.
- If we consume cinnamon and honey together it can help with preventing gas and digestion problems.
- Cinnamon and honey can boost your immune system, helping to prevent some viruses and colds.
This mixture should not be given to infants and kids under the age of one.
For the coffee lovers; try adding honey and cinnamon to your cup of coffee and afterwards drink a large glass of water! Coffee can severely dehydrate you, but that is another topic… something to talk about in a different post
For Pinning and sharing: