It is an allergy season and you have a very common problem of red, burning, runny, itchy eyes? This problem is always a symptom of an underlying cause. But do not worry – itchy eyes are no threat to your eyesight.
To treat it right, one needs to find out the underlying cause of itchiness. For this, you will need to consult a health care professional. Some of the most common causes are:
- itchy eyes due to allergies
- itchy eyes due to eyes dryness
- itchy eyes due to asthma
- itchy eyes due to hay fever
- improper hygien of the contact lenses
- various bacterial infections
- cosmetics etc.
For less serious cases, natural treatments that are easy to follow and provide instant relief are a good choice to go with.
Here are the top 5 remedies for itchy, burning eyes caused by allergies:
- Cold Milk
very popular remedy that is easy to apply.
- take a cotton ball and dip it in cold milk.
- rub around the eyes or just place it on the eyes and compress for 15-20 minutes
- repeat the treatment 2-3 times a day
- Cold compress
provides an instant relief
- put chamomile tea bags in the refrigerator for 30 minutes and as a cold compress
- place them on the eyes for minimum 10 minutes
- repeat the process 3-4 times a day
with its anti-irritation properties cucumber provides coolness to the eyes and helps reducing inflammation, swelling and itchiness
- wash the cucumber and slice it thin
- let the slices cool in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes
- put them over the eyes for minimum 10 minutes
- do this 5 times a day
- Green Tea
green tea is known for many benefits and anti-inflamatory properties.
- take 2 green tea bags and let them boil to make a tea
- let the tea cool on room temperature
- use it to flush your eyes 2-3 times a day
- Aloe Vera
very popular home remedy with soothing and moisturizing properties, useful for human health.
- mix aloe vera juice or gel with a teaspoon of honey and add half a cup of elderberyy blossom tea.
- use the mixture as an eyewash
- do the eyewash at least 2 times a day